<< Back to all Blogs
Login or Create your own free blog
Layout:
Home > Boomeyers and Buh-bye scary room
 

Boomeyers and Buh-bye scary room

September 3rd, 2014 at 09:48 am

Many of you may remember Boomeyers, a fellow blogger, from way back. She and I have been cyber-friends since we started blogging on here and have always talked about visiting one or the other. Well, next month, she is coming to Oregon to visit! I am so excited. I have been lucky to meet several bloggers through the years...from California to New York- and have always felt an immediate sister-hood and friendship. I hope to meet many more of you someday!!

The Scary Room:
I am ashamed to admit that we have a room in the big house that would make the cut for the Hoarders show. We have appropriately called it the 'scary room' for years. The room is actually a one car garage that was converted to a room. Stuff ends up there either as storage, indecisiveness, or just because. It has been the scary room during my son's renting days, my daughters renting days, and now DD3 and her friends renting days.

Two days ago, WE WENT IN....
A few minutes later we WE CAME BACK OUT after we found black widows.

We set off bug bombs and yesterday, we went back in and got about 50% done. 80% went into the 'dump' trailer. The other 20% is either going to goodwill, salvage yard, or back to the owners to deal with. All in all, there was about 2% that was the hubs or mine that will be kept. Mine is my moms depression glass that has been boxed up and a few keepsake toys for the grandkids.

We will finish the scary room today. Then we will move into the storage room that currently has my stuff from the city house...but has also accumulated stuff from DD3 and her friend who are currently renting the big house. It all needs to be organized so that the room can be easier accessed.

After we are done with these two rooms, we are ready to bring in the contractor to get a bid on the work we need/want done.

One thing I have definitely learned over the years is that STUFF is expensive. It costs to acquire, it costs to store, and it will cost to dispose of. How much easier life would be this week without all this STUFF.

Hopefully- Goodwill will benefit from what we can donate and the rest, well an expensive lesson in less is more.


6 Responses to “Boomeyers and Buh-bye scary room”

  1. creditcardfree Says:

    Sounds like a lot of work and a good lesson learned. I'm always on the lookout for things we no longer need and use.

  2. snafu Says:

    Big pat on the back for both you and DH for taking on the challenge of the 'scary room' and getting it done! Now you get to move on with your plan. Good to see you again, you've been missed

  3. Permanent Temp Says:

    Yay for tackling that! My family has issues with stuff too and they have worked it out over the years. Pretty exiting to see the room again!

  4. Ima saver Says:

    I remember her. How exciting that you are getting to finally meet!

  5. Thrifty Ray Says:

    Yes Julie- and someday, I would LOVE to meet you too!

  6. FrugalTexan75 Says:

    I'm jealous that you get to meet Boomeyers in person! Please tell her hi for me and post pics Smile

Leave a Reply

(Note: If you were logged in, we could automatically fill in these fields for you.)
*
Will not be published.
   

* Please spell out the number 9.  [ Why? ]

vB Code: You can use these tags: [b] [i] [u] [url] [email]