I recently posted about my questions on making friends...I was wondering how others make new friends...and I guess I sent that thought out to the universe...because without much work on my part a few really cool things have transpired since that post.
1. A very dear friend invited me to spend a day out this weekend...we have never actually just took off like that. She has kiddie obligations...and I am usually busy playing catch up...but we spent the day "window" shopping and wine tasting...and decided to make reservations for her, her hub, me, my hub to get away for a weekend in October.
2. I was invited to go to a comedy show at our county fair this weekend (my job is paying) with several of my co-workers...many of who I will soon be working more closely with when I take over my new responsibilities...
3. I have been asked to join a wine tasting class with someone I used to work with (not sure about this one)
4. I have set up a get acquainted dinner for the other 4 couples who are going to PV next year...One of the ladies is becoming a very good friend through all of this planning...
5. I have looked into the "Red Hat Society" for my mom. She needs a friend or two very much so...and I need her to find a friend or two... (gads, am I a horrible daughter for wanting that???)
So...I have realized the importance of sending those thoughts out to the universe...mine certainly rippled some answers my way!!!
Thanks for all of your ideas...I keep rereading them and am determined to make new friends inspite of my shyness around others!!!
Sent the thought out into the universe...and here is what I got...